The Port Orange South Daytona Chamber of Commerce is hosting it's 3rd Annual Youth Civic Leadership Experience this summer. The program has proven extremely successful and we are looking forward to engaging local high school students in civic leadership and community involvement again this June. Some very talented and enthusiastic AHS students were a big part of the past years' success!
The goal is to have a cross section of motivated and engaged students that will represent our entire community.
The program flyer and application are attached. I will drop off copies in the Guidance Office this afternoon as well. Applications are due March 29th.
Thank you for your assistance in Growing Local Leaders.
Youth Civic Leadership Experience A Port Orange South Daytona Chamber of Commerce Program Application Program Overview:
The Youth Civic Leadership Experience is an intensive one-week summer program designed to teach community leadership and civic engagement by immersing students in the Port Orange government and local business community. The program is designed to develop informed individuals through field trips, interactive seminars, and face-to-face meetings with key community leaders.
• Rising Sophomore or Junior in Port Orange/South Daytona High School
• Minimum cumulative GPA of 2.0
• Demonstrates commitment to community leadership and involvement
• Demonstrates personal integrity and responsibility
• Must attend entire week of program
• Must have daily transportation to/from POSD Chamber of Commerce
• Must have parental consent
1. Questionnaire: Be thorough and thoughtful in your responses to the attached questionnaire.
2. Letters of Reference/Teacher Recommendation: Applicant must have two letters of reference or teacher recommendations. Please provide the attached form to your teacher/supervisor with enough time to complete by the application deadline.
3. Commitment/Consent Signatures: Applicant must read and sign the attached commitment form. Parent or guardian must read and sign the attached consent form.
Friday March 29, 2019 – ALL APPLICATIONS DUE - Completed packets are due to the Port Orange South Daytona Chamber of Commerce (3431 Ridgewood Avenue, Port Orange, FL 32129 Tel:(386) 761-1601
Wednesday April 17, 2019 – Program participants notified of acceptance. $50 fee due upon acceptance.
Friday, June 7, 2019 – 9am-3pm -- Tshirts and orientation packets available for pickup at the POSD Chamber of Commerce Riverside Pavilion. Packets will also be available Monday June 10th.
Monday June 10, 2019 – Friday June 14, 2019: Program runs daily 8:00am – 3:00pm. Pick up and drop off at the POSD Chamber of Commerce Riverside Pavilion (3431 Ridgewood Ave, Port Orange 32129).