Before beginning volunteer work, students must take the Youth Partnership Program training. Students must complete training PRIOR to logging volunteer hours. On campus training dates are below, but you can elect to take the training online below. You must complete the Post-Test with an 80% or higher in order for the training to count.
Due to COVID-19, there will be limited opportunities to volunteer in person. Here are a few other ways to earn hours:
- Assist siblings with schoolwork
- Sew masks
- Deliver food or do yard work for an elderly neighbor, etc.
- Collaborate with a teacher to read books/record for use in classrooms
- Anything that is addressing a community need for which students are not being paid and are not risking their health
Parents can sign off that students have completed the hours. There is a fillable PDF of the YPP sign in sheet below. Students will return this form to their school counselor within the year to get credit for those hours.
Additional Forms -YPP Agreement and Time Sheet
- YPP Agreement and Sign-In Sheet Rev 2020.pdf (263.1 KBs)
- Fillable YPP Agreement and Sign-In Sheet Rev 2020.pdf (263.1 KBs)
On Campus Training Dates
Each Training Session is at LUNCH in the THEATER/AUDITORIUM and BEGINS PROMPLTY at the BEGINNING OF EACH LUNCH. Doors are locked when training begins. (3rd Thursday of every month)
Wil be in Room 5-005
*3rd Thursday of the month rule does not apply due to school holidays.
Monday, May 3rd, 2021 is the DEADLINE for ALL Students to submit YPP Forms to Counselors.
Where else can I Volunteer?
To learn more about volunteer opportunities, go to the United Way's Volunteer Center. From there, you can register and create your online profile.
Why sign up?
- You have access to over 100 Agencies’ Volunteer Opportunities
- Opportunities are right here in your community
- You can keep track of your Volunteer Hours in one place
- You can print all of your hours for school credit
How to register?
- Go to http://uwvfc.galaxydigital.com/
- Click Sign-up at the top of the page
- Fill in all the information
- Click Create An Account at the bottom
- Choose Causes that interests you
- Click Continue to Step 3
- Select your Interests, talents, and skills
- Click Continue to Step 4
- Select the Agencies that interest you
- Click Finish Sign-Up