Atlantic School Counselors
Dear Parents and Students,
We know that this can be a difficult time for all of you and we want you to know that we are in this together! While the way in which we interact may have changed, our commitment to our students and their overall well-being and success has not. Below you will find the contact information for each counselor. Counselors are available Monday-Friday, 8:00-3:30 via email and will do our best to get back to you within 24 working hours.
The link to district web-site is https://www.vcsedu.org/ . Here you can find an abundance of information and up-to-date info as we get it. We will also be updating and posting information on our twitter account that will be used to update parents and students; follow us at @atlguidance.
This is unchartered territory for all of us so please be patient as we navigate this situation and know that we will be here to help you in any way we can. Your school counselors are working together to figure out new ways to reach our students and to get information out to you all. We miss all of our students and we hope to be back to campus soon! Until then, take care and stay healthy. Fins up!
If you are experiencing an emergency after hours here are a few hotlines available to you:
Suicide prevention hotline - 1-800-784-2433
Crisis intervention hotline - 1-800-273-TALK
Mental Health assistance - 1 - 800-539-4228
or if you are experiencing an emergency - dial 911
Hoping you are staying home and safe. We will get through this!
Mrs. Anne Ornstein (previously Mrs. Giacovelli)- Students whose last names begin with A-E
ext. 38132 [email protected]
Mrs. Jan Turp- Director of Guidance. Students whose last names begin with F-I
ext. 38183 [email protected]
Ms. Anna Tai- Students whose last names begin with J-Q
ext. 38139 [email protected]
Ms. Tonya Jackson- Students whose last names begin with R-Z
ext. 38130 [email protected]
Mrs. Renita Jackson- College and Career Readiness
ext. 83172 [email protected]
Counseling Office Staff
Ms. Yolanda Kennedy, Registrar- ext. 38141
Ms. Jessica Miron, Guidance Secretary- ext. 38497
Volusia Resources 8/25/20
- Kingdom Family Church: Distribution of Food Bags – September 5th 5pm to 7pm 700 South Ridgewood Ave – Downtown Daytona
- https://foodassist2020.eventbrite.com TO REGISTER or share or send to a family/individual in need
- Backpack Buddies & Orange City United Church will be hosting another Food Giveaway at the church at 396 E. University Ave, Orange City on Thursday, August 27th at 4pm-7pm and Friday, August 28th at 10-1pm (while supplies last).
- Perishable Food Boxes again and other goodies to fill your trunk up! PLEASE PRE-REGISTER AT THIS LINK. Just pick which time slot you would like to show up on. You will receive an email with your Pre-registration details and voucher. One box per registration/family.
The link is: https://forms.gle/b6JJ6EnkRftcpXEh6
- COVID Testing
- State COVID 19 pop up site at Publix 2100 Saxon Blvd Deltona they will test 100 tests per day
- COVID (Free) Testing Antibody and Nasal Swab Volusia County Fairgrounds Thursday-Tuesday to make an appointment for Viral Testing https://www.doineedacovid19test.com/
- The Florida Division of Emergency Management (FDEM) is offering COVID-19 testing at the Volusia County Fair Grounds, 3150 E. New York Ave., DeLand. Testing will be available from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. Thursdays through Tuesdays and an appointment is required. There will be no testing on Wednesdays. Individuals getting antibody testing will be required to get the COVID nasal swab (viral test) first. Appointments can be made online at www.doineedacovid19test.com. Individuals must print and bring their test voucher and a picture ID with them on the day of their test. Individuals who do not make an appointment in advance can register on site via their own personal smart device
- The DeLand Wellness Center is offering antibody testing 122 S Amelia Ave DeLand www.delandwellnesscenter.com
- Family Health Source is accepting appointments for free COVID testing at the site below. Call the Family Health Source direct COVID-19/Tele- visit call line at 386-327-6045 to schedule an appointment. Please bring a valid ID. All ages are welcome, including children. DeLand – Ongoing at Family Health Source, 1205 S Woodland Blvd.
- Resource Guide
- Aunt Bertha - The Social Care Network Search for free or reduced cost services like medical care, food, job training, etc. https://www.auntbertha.com/
- 8/29/2020 4-7 Drive Thru Book Bag Giveaway 868 George Ingram Blvd. in the parking lot of The Chiles Academy
- My Life Groups
- Magellan's weekly MY LIFE virtual youth festival- inspiring online event designed for youth and young adults who have experience with mental health, substance use, foster care and/or other challenges. Each week, features inspirational speakers, uplifting entertainment, and info related to recovery, wellness, and empowerment. https://magellanhealth.zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_x7deUu9GSnKHc4Trwq02OA
Tomorrow's Leaders -Opportunity for Juniors
- Application must be typed -NOT hand written. This is due to your school counselor and/or Mr. Hinson ([email protected]) by September 10th. 2019-019 - 2020-07 TL Application.pdf (458.0 KBs)
- Tomorrow’s Leaders is a six-month leadership training program designed for high school juniors. Beginning in October, participants attend seminars focusing on a specific topic, such as the Arts, Criminal Justice, Social Services, Sports Marketing, Healthcare, Government and Education. During each seminar, students interact with community leaders who share insights on communication, time management, motivation, and other aspects of effective leadership. 20-21 TL App Instructions.pdf (202.4 KBs)
FL State University System Guide -will be updated TBD
News Update: Financial Aid
This week, Oct 1, saw FAFSA and FFAA open! Very exciting time for our seniors. Please check out Florida Shines’ Pay for College Feature